My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://nopasanada.org/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 04, 2007

The long goodbye

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." ~Garrison Keillor

I’m currently holed up in my house drinking fruit punch out of a plastic Front Page mug. I swear that each and everyday I get more and more classy and this, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason for why the boys are falling all over me.

Slowly I’m preparing myself for the inevitable and yet it doesn’t seem all that real yet. I’ll be seeing friends up until my departure. And thus far my friends – nay, family – have wined and dined me and plan to do so until my departure. It’s amazing what suddenly leaving can do. Everyone wants to do drinks and dinners. I’ll even be imbibing the fermented drink on the Lord’s day, that’s what my schedule has become. Thus I’ve woken up every morning of the past week with a hangover.

My only question is why no one wants to come over midday and sit and watch Little Children while I fold my laundry and find bills from 2004?

Another question, how does one show sincerest apologies to their liver? Do flowers work? A nice and well thought out card with masterful prose as to the wonder and lovely thing that it is? Or shall I just appreciate it a little better and be kinder? That always helps.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Copious amounts of water after would be much appreciated by your liver. Or Green Tea. ;-)

When do you leave?

11:25 AM  
Anonymous LisaBinDaCity said...

Crap, I'm behind the times! You quit your job and your moving? Where to?

I know how hard that can be. Been there, done that...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am a first time visitor to your blog, which is very entertaining and well written.
If you find a gift your liver appreciates, clue me in, because mine would likely enjoy any help I can give it!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.